Tuesday 8 March 2016

The End Of Kuda Kepang

I won't talk much today , i will just present you guys the picture of kuda kepang. This one I took from someone's blog based on his experienced in Tanah Merah before. Enjoy it !


Prayers offered before the performance.
Before the performance starts, they recite prayers. 

JeromeLim-4053
They get ready to dance, take the mood first :D

JeromeLim-4068
Performance starts


JeromeLim-4074


Smoke from the kemenyan (incense) being breathed in.
Smoke from the incense (kemenyan) being breathe in

Men becoming one with the horse.
Men becomin one with the horse

The performers are obviously in a trance-like state.
This man has been possessed
Drinking from a bucket of water.


The horses are whipped, apparently without any pain being felt.
The horse are whip, but obviously without any hurt 

The Climax of The Performance
JeromeLim-4162
They start to be aggressive as they have trance
JeromeLim-4164



JeromeLim-4193

JeromeLim-4228


JeromeLim-8697


JeromeLim-8710
The end of the performance



Enjoy looking at it ?  Amazing isn't this Kuda Kepang dance, even though it was quite scared when it come to the glorification. Credit to the owner of the picture also if not I can't finish my task.


Source


4 comments:

  1. such an interesting and good topic. i gained more informations about Johor culture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's such an honour for me. Keep reading yeahh

      Delete
  2. after I have read your post. It gives me more information about this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it scares me but after i read your blog, understand the culture, now i cant wait to watch it by my eyes! thankyou for your post

    ReplyDelete